To become a center of excellence in technical education by providing quality education, consultancy and technology transfer to meet the educational and technical needs of the local industries, community and society at large.MISSION
Total campus area of the polytechnic is 19 acres. The institute is rendering yeomen service to the citizens of Mangalore and surrounding areas through engineering education.
Karnataka (Govt.) Polytechnic, Mangalore was started in the year 1946 under the erstwhile Madras state government in a rented building at Pandeshwar. The polytechnic started functioning at its present campus in Kadri Hills, Mangalore from 1954. At the time of starting there were four main diploma courses of three years duration in Civil engineering, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering and Automobile engineering. The diploma courses in Chemical engineering, Polymer technology, Electronics and Communication and Computer Science were added to the existing courses later. Institution focuses on the overall development of the students by encouraging them to participate in extra curricular activities like NCC , NSS and Sports.
The training will be in a Conductive environment of safety and care taking and by a set of qualified, dedicated staff who are keen on professional development and responsive to change. It also provides opportunity and leadership in continuing education to adults in the field of technician education by the way of a Continuing Education Cell, at reasonable charges.